Lecturer of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Assistant to Research, Massachusetts General Hospital
Over the past 5 years, I have dedicated my time for exploring the existing concepts of radiation dose in CT. After graduating from my medical school in India, I joined the premier technical institute of Asia, Indian Institute of Technology, IIT-Kharagpur, to further pursue my knowledge of medicine and physics. My research career on CT and radiation dose started under the guidance of Dr Mannudeep Kalra with efforts solely geared towards research in different aspects of CT radiation dose, scanning parameters and image quality. After having written 18 original research articles, 9 book chapters, 10 reviews articles and over 70 oral scientific session presentations on CT radiation dose, my interest in this field is growing everyday. In 2010, I was fortunate to work closely and directly with our department chief, member of Institute of Medicine and prolific educator, Dr James H. Thrall. I have learned, and constantly building up my knowledge from the leaders of radiology community in both research and education.
Dr. Singh's Lectures
Hybrid Partial Statistical Iterative Reconstruction: Potential and Limitations
Glossary of CT Scan Parameters: What They Mean and Don't Mean
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Hsieh J, Licato PE, Do S, Pien HH, Blake MA. Abdominal CT: comparison of adaptive statistical iterative and filtered back projection reconstruction techniques. Radiology. 2010 Nov;257(2):373-83.
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Gilman MD, Hsieh J, Pien HH, Digumarthy SR, Shepard JA. Adaptive Statistical Iterative Reconstruction Technique for Radiation Dose Reduction in Chest CT: A Pilot Study. Radiology. 2011 May;259(2):565-73. (40 citations).
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Shenoy-Bhangle AS, Saini A, Gervais DA, Westra SJ, Thrall JH. Radiation Dose Reduction with Hybrid Iterative Reconstruction for Pediatric CT. Radiology. 2012 May;263(2):537-46.
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Do S, Thibault JB, Pien H, Connor OO, Blake MA. Comparison of hybrid and pure iterative reconstruction techniques with conventional filtered back projection: dose reduction potential in the abdomen. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2012 May;36(3):347-53.
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Thrall JH, Mahesh M. Pointers for Optimizing Radiation Dose in Chest CT Protocols. J Am Coll Radiol. 2011 Sep;8(9):663-5. PubMed PMID: 21889757.
- Singh S, Petrovic D, Jamnik E, Aran S, Pourjabbar S, Hird ML, Bradley SE, Choy G, Kalra MK; Effect of localizer radiograph on radiation dose associated with automatic exposure control: Human Cadaver and Patient study. JCAT accepted JCAT-12-265R1 October 2012.
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Sung MK, Back A, Blake MA. Radiation dose reduction with application of non-linear adaptive filters for abdominal CT. World J Radiol. 2012 Jan 28;4(1):21-8. PubMed PMID: 22328968.
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Thrall JH, Mahesh M. Pointers for optimizing radiation dose in pediatric CT protocols. J Am Coll Radiol. 2012 Jan;9(1):77-9. PubMed PMID: 22221641.
- Kalra MK, Woisetschlager M, Dahlstrom N, Singh S, Lindblom M, Choy G, Quick P, Schmidt B, Sedlmair M, Blake MA, Persson A. Radiation dose reduction with sinogram affirmed iterative reconstruction technique for abdominal computed tomography. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2012 May;36(3):339-46. PubMed PMID: 22592621.
- Kalra MK, Woisetschlager M, Niels W, Singh S, Digumarthy SR, Do S, Pien H, Schmidt B, Sedlmair M, Shepard JO, Persson A. Sinogram Affirmed Iterative Reconstruction of Low Dose chest CT: Effect on Image Quality and Radiation Dose. (accepted AJR Novemeber 27th, 2012).