Brooks-Hollern Professor and Professor of Radiologic Physics, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
Richard L. Morin, PhD, is the Brooks-Hollern Professor and professor of radiologic physics at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. He has been certified in medical nuclear physics and in diagnostic radiological physics by the American Board of Radiology. He has also served as treasurer of the Florida Radiological Society.
Dr. Morin's research interests include electronic medical imaging, computers in medical imaging, cardiovascular CT, teleradiology, and the biological effects of radiation.
Dr. Morin's most recent academic publications include studies on utilization strategies for cumulative estimates of radiation dose, the development of a standardized exposure index for digital radiography, and an automated DICOM database for quality monitoring.
Dr. Morin's Lectures
ACR Dose Index Registry
- Morin RL, Hazle JD. Magnetic resonance imaging guidance of ablative thermal therapies. J Am Coll Radiol. 2006 Dec; 2(12):1037-9.
- Morin RL. What are the national radiation doses? J Am Coll Radiol. 2006 Dec; 3(12): 956. PMID:17412209. DOI:10.1016/j.jacr.2006.09.006.
- Amis ES Jr, Butler PF, Applegate KE, Birnbaum SB, Brateman LF, Hevezi JM, Mettler FA, Morin RL, Pentecost MJ, Smith GG, Strauss KJ, Zeman RK, American College of Radiology. American College of Radiology white paper on radiation dose in medicine. J Am Coll Radiol. 2007 May; 4(5):272-84. PMID:17467608. DOI:10.1016/j.jacr.2007.03.002.
- Frey GD, Ibbott GS, Morin RL, Paliwal BR, Thomas SR, Bosma J. The American Board of Radiology Perspective on Maintenance of Certification: Part IV: Practice quality improvement in radiologic physics. Med Phys. 2007 Nov; 34(11):4158-63. PMID:18072479.
- Morin RL. Research involving human subjects. Health Phys. 2008 Nov; 95(5): 547-50. PMID:18849688. DOI:10.1097/01.HP.0000327649.87259.dc.
- Gerber TC, Carr JJ, Arai AE, Dixon RL, Ferrari VA, Gomes AS, Heller GV, McCollough CH, McNitt-Gray MF, Mettler FA, Mieres JH, Morin RL, Yester MV. Ionizing radiation in cardiac imaging: a science advisory from the American Heart Association Committee on Cardiac Imaging of the Council on Clinical Cardiology and Committee on Cardiovascular Imaging and Intervention of the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention. Circulation. 2009 Feb 24; 119(7):1056-65. Epub 2009 Feb 02.
- Morin RL, Coombs LP, Chatfield MB. ACR Dose Index Registry. J Am Coll Radiol. 2011 Apr; 8(4):288-91. PMID:21458770. DOI:10.1016/j.jacr.2010.12.022.
- Wang S, Pavlicek W, Roberts CC, Langer SG, Zhang M, Hu M, Morin RL, Schueler BA, Wellnitz CV, Wu T. An automated DICOM database capable of arbitrary data mining (including radiation dose indicators) for quality monitoring. J Digit Imaging. 2011 Apr; 24(2): 223-33. PMID:20824303. PMCID:3056966. DOI:10.1007/s10278-010-9329-y.
- Seibert JA, Morin RL. The standardized exposure index for digital radiography: an opportunity for optimization of radiation dose to the pediatric population. Pediatr Radiol. 2011 May; 41(5):573-81. Epub 2011 Apr 14. PMID:21491197. PMCID:3076558. DOI:10.1007/ s00247-010-1954-6.
- Durand DJ, Dixon RL, Morin RL. Utilization strategies for cumulative dose estimates: A review and rational assessment. J. Am. Coll. Radiol. 2012; 9(7):480-5.