Director, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Imaging, University of California Irvine Medical Center
Mayil Krishnam, MD, is an Associate Professor of Radiology and Division Director of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Imaging at UCI. He has been actively involved in CT radiation dose reduction at UCI and has optimized and implemented adult chest, vascular and cardiac CT protocols, and is actively involved in educating technologists on dose reduction methods for cardiovascular and thoracic CT.
Research Interests: CT- and MR-based cardiovascular imaging
Dr. Krishnam's Lectures
Chest CT and CTA: When and How to Reduce Radiation Dose to Patients
Select Recent Publications
- Tomasian A, Krishnam MS. Clinical image, MR angiography of midaortic syndrome. Pediatr Radiol, 2010 Feb;40 (2):229, Epub 2009 Jul 31. PMID: 1964468.
- Lee C, Suh RD, Krishnam MS, Lai CK, Fishbein MC, Wallace WE, Chen A, Sagar R, Belperio JA, Ardenhali A, Ross DJ. Recurrent pulmonary capillary hemangiomatosis after bilateral lung transplantation. J Thorac Imaging, 2010 Aug:25(3):W89-92.
- Cheng W, Zeng M, Arellano C, Mafori W, Goldin J, Krishnam M, Ruehm SG. Detection of myocardial perfusion abnormalities: standard dual-source coronary computed tomography angiography versus rest/stress technetium- 99m single-photo emission CT. Br J Radiol, 2010 Aug;83:652-60.
- UyBico SJ, Wu CC, Suh RD, Le NH, Brown K, Krishnam MS. Lung cancer staging essentials: the new TNM staging system and potential imaging pitfalls. Radiographics 2010 Sep;30 (5):1163-81. PMID: 20833843
- Saleh RS, Finn JP, Krishnam et al. Cardiothoracic magnetic resonance in patients with Pectus Excavatum compared with Normal Controls. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2010 Dec 13;12:73.
- Edris A, Patel P, Krishnam MS, Sengupta PP. Intramyocardial hemorrhage after percutaneous coronary intervention. Echocardiography 2012 Feb;29(2) Lichtenberger JP 3rd, Sharma A, Zachary KC,Krishnam MS, Greene RE,
- Shepard JA, Wu CC. What a differential a virus makes: a practical approach to thoracic imaging findings in the context of HIV infection--part 1, pulmonary findings. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Jun;198(6):1295-304. Review.
- Lichtenberger JP 3rd, Sharma A, Zachary KC, Krishnam MS, Greene RE, Shepard JA, Wu CC. What a differential a virus makes: a practical approach to thoracic imaging findings in the context of HIV infection--part 2, extrapulmonary findings, chronic lung disease, and immune reconstitution syndrome. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Jun;198(6):1305-312. Review.