Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, Associate Radiologist, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Director, MGH Webster Center for Advanced Research and Education in Radiation
Mannudeep K. Kalra, MD is an Assistant Radiologist at the MGH Imaging's Divisions of Thoracic Imaging and Cardiac MR, CT and PET program. He is also an Assistant Professor of Radiology with the Harvard Medical School.
In addition to his clinical work in chest and cardiac imaging, Dr. Kalra has keen interest in research pertaining to CT technology, radiation dose reduction, CT virtual autopsy, image post-processing and radiology informatics. Dr. Kalra has won numerous awards from major Radiology national and international societies for his work related to CT radiation dose.
Dr. Kalra's Lectures
Abdominal CT: When to Dial Up and Down the Dose Meter
Pregnant Patients: Risks and Strategies for CT
Select Recent Publications
- Pandharipande PV, Eisenberg JD, Lee RJ, Gilmore ME, Turan EA, Singh S, Kalra MK, Liu B, Kong CY, Gazelle GS. Patients with testicular cancer undergoing CT surveillance demonstrate a pitfall of radiation-induced cancer risk estimates: the timing paradox. Radiology. 2013 Mar;266(3):896-904. doi: 10.1148/radiol.12121015. Epub 2012 Dec 18.
- Singh S, Digumarthy SR, Back A, Shepard JA, Kalra MK. Radiation dose reduction for chest CT with non-linear adaptive filters. Acta Radiol. 2013 Mar 1;54(2):169-74. doi: 10.1258/ar.2012.120045. Epub 2012 Nov 26.
- Kalra MK, Quick P, Singh S, Sandborg M, Persson A. Whole spine CT for evaluation of scoliosis in children: feasibility of sub-milliSievert scanning protocol. Acta Radiol. 2013 Mar 1;54(2):226-30. doi: 10.1258/ar.2012.110625. Epub 2012 Nov 8.
- Cronin CG, Prakash P, Daniels GH, Boland GW, Kalra MK, Halpern EF, Palmer EL, Blake MA. Brown fat at PET/CT: correlation with patient characteristics. Radiology. 2012 Jun;263(3):836-42. doi: 10.1148/radiol.12100683.
- Singh S, Kalra MK, Do S, Thibault JB, Pien H, O'Connor OJ, Blake MA. Comparison of hybrid and pure iterative reconstruction techniques with conventional filtered back projection: dose reduction potential in the abdomen. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2012 May-Jun;36(3):347-53. doi: 10.1097/RCT.0b013e31824e639e. Erratum in: J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2012 Sep;36(5):627. Connor, Owen O J [corrected to O'Connor, Owen J].