Assistant Professor of Radiologic Physics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Dr. Kofler completed undergraduate degrees in Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics and Physics at The University of Wisconsin- Madison, where he also completed his Ph.D. He has been a medical physicist at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for over 20 years and has worked in general radiography and fluoroscopy, mammography, ultrasound, and has specialized in computed tomography for the last 13 years. He has published over 40 journal articles and three book chapters. His interests focus on the clinical implementation of CT scanner technologies, radiation dose and protocol management, and CT quality assurance. Dr. Kofler is a Fellow of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) and is active in many professional societies, including the AAPM, the American College of Radiology, and the American Board of Radiology.
Dr. Kofler's Lectures
Technologist's Role in CT Protocol Reviews
Protocol Management and Review Strategies
Select Recent Publications
- Christner JA, Braun NN, Jacobsen MC, Carter RE,Kofler JM, McCollough CH. Size-Specific Dose Estimates for Adult Patients at CT of the Torso. Radiology. 2012 Dec;265(3):841-7.
- Fletcher JG, Kofler JM, Coburn JA, Bruining DH, McCollough CH. Perspective on radiation risk in CT imaging. Abdom Imaging. 2012 Jul 27.
- Laack TA, Thompson KM, Kofler JM, Bellolio MF, Sawyer MD, Laack NN. Comparison of trauma mortality and estimated cancer mortality from computed tomography during initial evaluation of intermediate-risk trauma patients. J Trauma. 2011 Jun; 70(6):1362-5.
- Yu L, Bruesewitz MR, Thomas KB, Fletcher JG, Kofler JM, McCollough CH. Optimal tube potential for radiation dose reduction in pediatric CT: principles, clinical implementations, and pitfalls. Radiographics. 2011 May-Jun; 31(3):835-48.
- Siddiki H, Fletcher JG, Hara AK, Kofler JM, McCollough CH, Fidler JL, Guimaraes L, Huprich JE, Sandborn WJ, Loftus EV Jr, Mandrekar J, Bruining DH. Validation of a lower radiation computed tomography enterography imaging protocol to detect Crohn's disease in the small bowel. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011 Mar; 17(3):778-86.