Professor, Chief of Radiologic Physics Section, and Director of Clinical Operations; Department of Imaging Physics, Division of Diagnostic Imaging MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dr. Cody trained as a bioengineer at the University of Michigan (MS and PhD) and attained American Board of Radiology certification in Diagnostic Medical Physics while on staff at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan. She spent 13 years at Henry Ford, and in 2000 she joined The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. She is currently the Imaging Physics Department Clinical Director, and the Chief of the Radiologic Physics Section (CT, rad/fluoro, mammo, interventional, PACS). She also leads a team of CT physicists who support 16 clinical scanners, 4 research scanners, and 12 hybrid scanners. She is involved in small animal CT imaging research, CT medical physics graduate and technologist education, and CT related workshops for practicing medical physicists.
Dr. Cody's Lectures
Physicist's Role in CT Protocol Review
AAPM Working Group Goals for Reducing CT Dose
Dose Notification Levels, Dose Alerts, and Diagnostic Reference Levels
- McCollough C, Branham T, Herlihy V, Bhargavan M, Robbins L, Bush K, McNitt-Gray M, Payne JT, Ruckdeschel T, Pfeiffer D, Cody DD, Zeman R. Diagnostic reference levels from the ACR CT Accreditation Program. J Am Coll Radiol 8(11):795-803, 11/2011. PMID: 22051465.
- Tamm EP, Rong XJ, Cody DD, Ernst RD, Fitzgerald NE, Kundra V. Quality initiatives: CT radiation dose reduction: how to implement change without sacrificing diagnostic quality. Radiographics. e-Pub 10/2011. PMID: 21969662.
- McCollough CH, Leng S, Yu L, Cody DD, Boone JM, McNitt-Gray MF. CT dose index and patient dose: They are not the same thing. Radiology 259(2):311-6, 5/2011. PMCID: PMC3079120.
- Nekkanty S, Yerramshetty J, Kim DG, Zauel R, Johnson E,Cody DD, Yeni YN. Stiffness of the endplate boundary layer and endplate surface topography are associated with brittleness of human whole vertebral bodies. Bone. e-Pub 7/2010. PMID: 20633709.
- Cody DD, Kim HJ, Cagnon CH, Larke FJ, McNitt-Gray MM, Kruger RL, Flynn MJ, Seibert JA, Judy PF, Wu X. Normalized CT dose index of the CT scanners used in the National Lung Screening Trial. Am J Roentgenol 194(6):1539-46, 6/2010. PMID: 20489094.
- Ravoori M, Czaplinska AJ, Sikes C, Han L, Johnson EM, Qiao W, Ng C, Cody DD, Murphy WA, Do KA, Navone NM, Kundra V. Quantification of mineralized bone response to prostate cancer by noninvasive in vivo microCT and non-destructive ex vivo microCT and DXA in a mouse model. PLoS One 5(3):e9854, 2010. PMCID: PMC2847943.
- Angel E, Yaghmai N, Jude CM, Demarco JJ, Cagnon CH, Goldin JG, Primak AN, Stevens DM, Cody DD, McCollough CH, McNitt-Gray MF. Monte Carlo simulations to assess the effects of tube current modulation on breast dose for multidetector CT. Phys Med Biol 54(3):497-512, 2/2009. e-Pub 1/2009. PMID: 19124953.
- Johnson EM, Price RE, Kurie JM, Rivera BS, Cody DD. A new method for respiratory gating during microcomputed tomography of lung in mice. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 47(4):46-56, 7/2008. PMID: 18702451.
- Angel E, Wellnitz CV, Goodsitt MM, Yaghmai N, DeMarco JJ, Cagnon CH, Sayre JW, Cody DD, Stevens DM, Primak AN, McCollough CH, McNitt-Gray MF. Radiation dose to the fetus for pregnant patients undergoing multidetector CT imaging: Monte Carlo simulations estimating fetal dose for a range of gestational age and patient size. Radiology 249(1):220-227, 2008. PMCID: PMC2657855.
- Cagnon C.H., Cody DD, McNitt-Gray, MF, Seibert J.A., Judy P.F. Aberle D.R. Description and implementation of a quality control program in an imaging based clinical trial. Academ Radiol 13(11):1431-1441, 2006.
- Cody DD, Stevens DM, Ginsberg LE. Multi-detector row CT artifacts that mimic disease. Radiology 236(3):756-61, 9/2005. PMID: 16055698.
- Cody DD, Moxley DM, Krugh KT, O'Daniel JC, Wagner LK, Eftekhari F. Strategies for formulating appropriate MDCT techniques when imaging the chest, abdomen, and pelvis in pediatric patients. AJR Am J Roentgenol 182(4):849-59, 4/2004. PMID: 15039151.
- Cavanaugh D, Johnson E, Price RE, Kurie J, Travis EL,Cody DD. In vivo respiratory-gated micro-CT imaging in small-animal oncology models. Mol Imaging 3(1):55-62, 2004. PMID: 15142412.