Dean's Professor of Biostatistics, University of California Davis
Diana L. Miglioretti, PhD, is the Dean's Professor of Biostatistics at University of California Davis. She received her Ph.D. from the Department of Biostatistics at Johns Hopkins University in 2000. Dr. Miglioretti's primary methodological research interests are in multilevel and latent variable models, longitudinal and clustered data analysis, and the evaluation of screening and diagnostic tests. The majority of her collaborative research is in the areas of breast cancer screening and radiation exposure from medical imaging. Dr. Miglioretti has been the PI of the Statistical Coordinating Center for the National Cancer Institute (NCI) funded Breast Cancer Surveillance Consortium (BCSC) since 2005. She is the contact PI and Biostatistics and Data Management Core Director of a multi-site Program Project "Risk-Based Breast Cancer Screening in Community Settings." She is also the PI or site PI for a several grants examining trends in medical imaging and associated radiation exposure and cancer risk. She is faculty member for the Radiologic Society of North America's clinical trials methodology workshop.
Dr. Miglioretti's Lectures
Pediatric Computed Tomography and Associated Radiation Exposure and Cancer Risk
- Smith-Bindman R, Lipson J, Marcus R, Pyo Kim K, Mahadevappa M, Gould R, Berrington de Gonzalez A,Miglioretti DL, "Radiation dose associated with common computed tomography examinations and the associated lifetime attributable risk of cancer," Arch Intern Med. 2009 Dec 14;169(22):2078-86.
- Smith-Bindman R, Miglioretti DL, Johnson E, Lee C, Spencer Feigelson H, Flynn M, Greenlee RT, Kruger RL, Hornbrook MC, Roblin D, Solberg LI, Vanneman N, Weinmann S, Williams AE. "Diagnostic imaging utilization and radiation exposure across six large integrated healthcare systems." JAMA 2012, 307(22):2400-9.
- Smith-Bindman R, Miglioretti DL, Letter to the editor "CTDIvol, DLP, and effective dose are excellent measures for use in CT quality improvement," Radiology 2011;261 999
- Miglioretti DL, Smith-Bindman R, Peer-reviewed invited editorial: "Overuse of computed tomography and associated risks," Am Fam Physician. 2011 Jun 1; 83(11):1252-4.
- Lee C, Lamart S, Miglioretti D, Johnson E, Kruger R, Flynn M, Weinmann S, Smith-Bindman R. Meeting abstract: "TU-G-217BCD-04: Automated Organ Dose Calculation for Thousands of Computed Tomography Scans." Med Phys. 2012 Jun;39(6):3924-5. PMID: 22757104
- Miglioretti DL, Johnson E, Williams A, Greenlee RT, Weinmann S, Solberg LI, Spencer Feigelson H, Roblin D, Flynn MJ, Vanneman N, Smith-Bindman R. "Pediatric computed tomography and associated radiation exposure and estimated cancer risk." JAMA Pediatrics (In Press).
- Miglioretti DL, Zhang Y, Johnson E, Vanneman N, Smith-Bidnamn R., "Personalized Technologist Dose Audit Feedback for Reducing Patient Radiation Exposure from Computed Tomography." JAMA Internal Medicine (In Review).